With over 30 years’ experience, we are able to bring our considerable knowledge, understanding and ability to every aspect of playground construction. We specialise in providing a full design and build service and we carry the full technical and professional expertise to undertake all aspects of a project.
All members of our contracting team are accredited under the Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) which is endorsed by Build UK as the standard training for all supervisors working on Build UK sites and provides an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues. It highlights legal responsibilities and the need to promote health and safety to supervise effectively.
We consider the key elements to the successful completion of a contract are:
- Liaising closely with the client to ensure that their specifications are followed and that their expectations are met.
- Conducting a full site survey to ascertain the nature of the site and any existing restrictions which may affect the installation.
- Preparing a Construction Phase Health & Safety Plan, including Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure that all hazards have been identified and that risks have been adequately controlled. These include risks to members of the public, visitors to site and contractors.
- Ensuring that our contracting team and sub-contractors are inducted in health & safety on site and that they have all relevant site surveys, site plans, installation instructions and relevant health and safety documentation. Close supervision and on-site monitoring of our sub-contractors to ensure that ground-works are correctly carried out and that equipment is installed in accordance with the relevant playground standards.
- CHAS (Contractors Health & Safety Assessment Scheme) - accredited contractor
- SMAS (Safety Management Advisory Services Ltd) – Worksafe Contractor
Both SMAS and CHAS are SSIP (Safety Schemes in Procurement) Forum members. The SSIP Core Criteria for health & safety assessments is aligned to the Government-backed construction pre-qualification document PAS 91, ensuring consistency within supply chain management.
- Quality Management System assessed and approved to ISO 9001
- Environmental Management System assessed and approved to ISO 14001
- All products comply to BS EN 1176, EN 1177 and EN 15312 Standards and have been accredited by an independent testing authority.